
I have been so fortunate to have arrived here during peak fruit season. The melons and the grapes have been marvelous (especially the little green seedless grapes)! The school even has a grape arbor in its backyard which has been very interesting to watch.
Actually the interesting part has not necessarily been the grapes but has been the construction of our new building around the arbor. Let me be a bit more specific. The building does not bend and curve to avoid the arbor. Oh no, there have been holes left in the walls that allow the poles of the arbor to enter the building (maybe my classroom). I have been observing the construction (and hearing it at 6:00 am as it echoes through my room which is only about 20 feet away.) Here's a picture where if you look closely you can see the poles going through the walls and into the building.
We have been told that they will cut the arbor out before the tile goes on the outside of the building, but I will miss the entertaining vines in the building. Maybe I need the constant reminder of seeing the vines in my room to remember that "He is the vine, we are branches, and apart from Him, we can do nothing."

2 comments:
I was reading John 15 yesterday and was reminded that my job is to abide or remain. He does the rest! What a great arrangement.
Anne
Looking forward to that picture!!
Post a Comment