Friday, August 05, 2005

Gobbling Goats


Well, I think that He confirms things in strange ways. I have had a running joke with my girlfriend in GA about goats for the last 8 months, and here I've run into goats everywhere. They eat the garbage much like the cows eat the garbage in India.

I've already been learning so much through the little things and enjoying great fellowship with others here in my group and in His family. Thursday and Friday are the weekend here, with Friday being the Holy day, so we had our big Group meeting today, and it was marvelous. People from all over the world are here with different organizations but with one heartbeat. I'm keeping notes about the simple things that remind me of Him or teach me of Him, and I plan to write at least two a week and include pictures.

FYI: School has been postponed to start until Sept 5. There are 3 buildings RIGHT next to my "marble mansion" that are being converted and another building being built in the backyard of one of those buildings. Our supplies from the States should get here by the 17th of this month and then the REAL fun will begin.

Elections are on Sept 13th (I think), so that puts us in a little time crunch. We don't really want to open too close to that date.

Health is still good! Thanks for yarping.

Love you all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How hilarious that you should see so many goats!! Are they the type that fall over? You are constantly in my thoughts and I am glad to know you already have a sweet family there. Our father is a wonderful "knitter" together of things and people.
vickpicks

Anonymous said...

goats...how interesting...so does this mean that you will now drink goat's milk as opposed to cow's milk?

i'm so glad to hear about your group meeting. unity is what i thought about for you just last night.

i received the best package in the mail yesterday, too. i am waiting to read real letters as long as i can!

love you, jen
jen

Pastor Jimmy said...

Funny things about goats ... in the first village our team went to, the group leader offered me a goat in appreciation for all we had done. We turned it down. I certainly couldn't bring it back with me and I wasn't overjoyed about cooking it!

It's really good to hear what is taking place. We're thinking of you often and miss you so very much. If can log onto the net, check out the pics on our group's web site.

Jimmy

Anonymous said...

So Glad to hear you made it safely! Your card is on my desk at work. Know you are thought of daily in the great white north :) So many of my friends are VERY impressed with where your are and your job there. I have to say that I am too! I'm SO PROUD of my big sis! He opens many doors when I speak of what your're doing. Yarp for me as I yarp for you. Because of your job, he can be shared anywhere I go with anybody I meet. I'm excited for you and all the things he has in store for you. I look forward to reading future postings.
-Allen

sirrom said...

kt Glad you made it safely. BBQ goat, anyone?? I think they use goat's milk to make feta cheese. Not sure. Once in Memphis with Julie, Jennie and friends from OBU we went to a Greek restaurant. Nobody wanted their feta cheese so about 8 servings were passed to me. Not wanting to waste it, I ate all that I could but was unable to eat my own serving. When the waitress cleaned our table she remarked, "Didn't like your cheese, Sir?" I just let it pass.