Tuesday, May 10, 2005

100 Things about Me (First 20)

Okay, I'm stealing the idea, and it probably won't be as witty as JEM, but here goes nothing . . .
(PS Can you say stream of consciousness? There is no rhyme or reason to the numbering.)
*Oh yeah, I posted a couple of pictures in previous posts scroll down to see!
1. My favorite Bible verse is Ps.27:4. It's like a life verse to me because I desire to live in God's presence each day.
2. I lived in the same house (even had the same room) from birth until I graduated from high school in 1995. My mom continued to live there until she moved to Georgia in May 2002.
3. My favorite letter came to me when I was working out in California. My friends used the paper table covering to write a very colorful letter that was about 25 feet long and then rolled it up and sent it to me in a tube. (SO COOL!)
4. I had the biggest crush on Noah Wylie when ER first started during my senior year of high school. Actually I'm not sure if it was Noah or his character Dr. Carter.
5. I ate a grasshopper when I was about 3. My mom remembers finding me with the legs hanging out of my mouth.
6. I ate tripe (cow intestine) when I was 19 in Mexico. I thought the white meat was chicken, but I knew better after it squished when I ate it. (YUCK!)
7. I love ice cream! It's hands down my favorite food.
8. My roommate in college gave me the nickname of "Coconut Head." If you've ever seen me on a humid summer day, you understand.
9. I played MacBeth in a play in the fifth grade, but I refused to say "Damn." I think I changed it to "cursed."
10. I love the color green!
11. I wanted blond hair and blue eyes like my aunt Cindy when I was a little girl. But now I like what I've got!
12. I tried to dye my hair red a few times, but mom didn't even notice for 3 weeks.
13. I have an outfit (that I still wear) that I bought on a shopping trip with Melissa Klonowski in the 8th grade.
14. I became a Christian when I was 4 during family devotions.
15. I used to collect beanie babies, but only the rodents and bats because they looked so real. I used them to teach 1st grade science lessons.
16. I have one "younger" brother, Allen. He is definitely not my "little" brother anymore.
17. My mom used to call me Kate-the-Bug and Ruppert when I was younger. I've never understood the second one, and luckily I guess I grew out of it.
18. I wanted a flying monkey from the Wizard of Oz as a pet when I was little. Actually it might still be cool.
19. I got my ears pierced when I was 5 when I got my hair all cut off. Mom made a joke that since I could now see my ears, I should get my ears pierced. She tried to back out of it, but my grandmother assured her I'd be ok! (Thanks Mimi!)
20. I got a second hole in my ears for a b-day gift from my roommate during my freshman year of college. Love them!

No comments: