Thursday, June 01, 2006

Long time...No blog...

Okay, Liz called me on not updating my blog lately. I must admit that it's been because of so many things going on, not because everything's been boring.

I'll just give a quite re-cap of the last week. Last Thursday, Kh and I spent the morning picking songs (we ended up choosing all hymns) for our small group on Friday. Then we got to go to the new Coca-Cola plant that afternoon. I am my mother's daughter, and therefore LOVE looking at factories. It is actually an amazing plant, especially for K-town. I've got some pictures I'll try to get up soon.

Then on Friday afternoon, Chaila opened. It went great and was quite busy until 7:30 or so. It's been doing pretty well since then too. I'll try to get pictures of that up soon, too.

Saturday and Sunday were school as usual with a lot of work for me after school because I needed to get a test in each class last week and a notebook quiz, but then along came Monday and threw everything off of schedule. First let me say THANKS SO MUCH for all of your thoughts. The riots came fairly close to our neighborhood, leaving our neighborhood pizza place burned out. But we stayed very safe. We took Tuesday off of school, but opened again on Wednesday with no problems. This could have been crazy. Many say it was more planned than it seemed and was meant to be the beginning of an attempted overthrow of the government, but it has seemed to be caught early and many people were arrested. This is totally Him granting this place a bit more time and grace to come to know Him. Please keep this in your thoughts!

Wednesday, I finished all my tests and postponed the notebook quizzes til Saturday. The day off, although it threw me off schedule, did allow me enough time to get caught up on a few other things including beginning the whole creation of 5 semester tests. It takes me anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 hours to make each test. So far I've made 4 out of the 5, and the first one isn't until Sunday! YEAH!!!

This morning I went to local school for orphans to help with a student art project. It was so much fun. I got to practice a little Dari, and the students practiced some of their English. After lunch it was back to making semester tests, but I got 2 more done before 6;30 or so when we got to go to a Kalee (Irish dance party) at a friend's house. Kh and I had so much fun. Neither one of us had really done much/any partner dancing before, but we had a wonderful time and really weren't all that bad.

Well, I'm going to sign off for now. Only 4 1/2 days of school left. Where has the year gone? It's been a wonderful year, though, and I'm looking forward to next year too. I can't believe that I'll be in the States in about 3 weeks. WOW! I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of the finished coffee house.

Is Kh able to come to the States with you to visit? What are your travel plans while you're here?