Today was the 4th time I've been to the airport in the past week. I now enjoy going because the ladies that do the luggage check/purse check on the way in know me. We exchange greetings and I tell them where the person is going, and usually they just let us through without even touching our bags. All of this to say that I've been seeing a lot of the sights of K-town recently. Today, however, I saw two things that really caught my attention...
The first thing was brought to my attention by Caleb as he drove. There was a taxi driving in front of us with a girl in a burka (chaderi) and a young guy (looked like early twenties) in the back seat. This is not really too unusual, but the fact that she kept leaning on him and whispering in his ear just looked extremely bizarre. In one way it was sad that she was still in burka without the freedom to show her face, but on the other hand it was good to see a bit more affection demonstrated in a proper way.
The second thing was just something that I'd never seen before. We saw a ram tied to a tree. He was a very nice looking ram, a little small, but with black wool and nice curly horns. The strange part was that he had a fairly large rock tied on the top of his head. Caleb had no idea why this ram was all alone and decorated with a rock, but it made us both laugh. If you know of why someone might do this, please let me know...
Sunday, June 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment