10 years ago: I was already packing up to move to Waco, TX and start my first year of college at Baylor University. I think I was in the same limbo land in which I currently find myself. I was so excited be headed into my college years: ready to make new friends and to challenge myself in a new school.
5 years ago: Let's see, that would be the summer of 2000. I think that was the summer I spent living in Murfreesboro, TN, working in a Hallmark store and living with my aunt and uncle. I had a great summer there and loved working at Hallmark (especially seeing the dedicated Beanie Baby collectors stalk the UPS man). I think that it was about this time of year that Jennie and Jennifer came over for the weekend to see Side Show in Nashville.
1 year ago: I had just gotten back from India and was adjusting to being back in the states. I think the first time I got back in my car alone, I felt like I was in a house. I spent a day with Jennifer at Six Flags about this time last year.
Yesterday: I drove over to Memphis to drop off a final box for shipping to K-town. I made it back to B-ville by 1:15, exercised, watched a movie, and spoke at Wednesday night service at FBC. Being in Batesville always feels like I'm home, but at the same time, it's just not quite the same as high school. I did find myself extremely grateful to be from such a loving community.
Today: I slept in til 8:30, took a walk, did a little e-mail catch up, went to Cave City with my grandparents for the Citizen's Bank grand opening. I found myself a little lost. Part of me loves the feel of the small town community, but at the same time, part of me feels restless and ready for a change. I returned to Batesville and had watermelon with my grandparents while talking over my old job and my new one. I still have a "to do" list, but this is one more thing I can check off.
Tomorrow: I haven't totally decided. I'm trying to take things day by day. Maybe I'll take a quiet day off and spend some time alone down by the river or up at the lake. I could use the think/prayer time. Like I said, we'll see . . .
5 snacks I enjoy: Ice cream (of any sort), chocolate (of any sort), granola bars, cherry limeade slushes, baby carrots, yogurt
5 bands whose songs I know most of the lyrics to: Caedmon's Call, Nickel Creek, Waterdeep, Passion Praise Band, Eagles
5 things I would do with $100,000,000: Travel, Donate to organizations/church, Start scholarships for some of the kids at Greene County, Build a great house for several folks in my family, Help support friends working overseas
5 locations I'd like to run away to: New Zealand, Nepal/India, Alaska, Yellowstone National Park, Thailand
5 bad habits I have: Overcommitting, Procrastinating cleaning the house, Say "um..." too much, Being very sarcastic, and Not being assertive
5 things I like doing: Writing e-mails/blogs, talking with friends, singing, teaching, walking
5 things I would never wear: Too much make-up, tight jeans, high heeled shoes, tongue ring, bright finger nail polish
5 TV shows I like: Gilmore Girls, Smallville, ER, West Wing, Northern Exposure
5 movies I like: Wizard of Oz, Goodwill Hunting, Swing Kids, Princess Bride, Amelie
5 famous people I'd like to meet: C.S. Lewis, Rich Mullins, Amy Carmichael, Mother Teresa, King David
5 biggest joys at the moment: Family, friends, purpose, health, hope
5 favorite toys: Laptop with wireless internet, TI-83+ calculator, digital camera, SET, Colored Pencils
5 people to tag: I don't know who all has a blog, but if you don't, this could be your first post! Jennifer, Elizabeth L., Liz Ku, Allison (if you're out there reading), Allen
Thursday, July 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You forgot to mention that we changed in the car before we went to see Side Show!
:)
Post a Comment