Saturday, April 23, 2005
"When I'm 64 . . .You'll be older, too" - The Beatles
I went to a function last night out at a golf club of a very well-to-do gated community down here in Greensboro. My friend Jenny's mom was singing in the Reynold's chorus, a group of mostly retired folks who are also members of the club. They did songs through the 50's and everytime I heard some of the obvious wrong notes and observed a total lack of coordination, I didn't laugh (probably because Jenny's step-dad was sitting between us), but I began to think about the music of our youth and how cheesy it will sound when we are in our 60's and 70's and decided that our choirs are going to do an "80's" or "90's" theme production. It made me smile and ask the question: What songs would I want in such a production? What do you think? Do you have any favorites?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Katie - Each generation thinks their music is best. Mine was 50s and at least the lyrics were intelligible. Elvis was the King of gyration, but couldn't hold a light to the current arthrochalasics. Later. cmmjr
well, i'm still trying to learn the meaning of the word "arthrochalasics..." :)
wow, i would take a long time, too, to come up with a list. hmm...for starters, i say:
*simple minds' "don't you forget about me"
*peter gabriel's "in your eyes"
*the bangles' "eternal flame"
*the cranberries' "dreams"
*u2's "pride (in the name of love)"
*gnr's "november rain"
Great choices! I think that the Rembrants Theme from "Friends" would have to be on the list, too.
Post a Comment