When is the "end" not the end??
Well, the school year is winding down. It's amazing how quickly the time goes and how attached I get to my surroundings. I am comfortable with ISK. I am comfortable with my students. I am comfortable with K-town, the Marble Mansion, our house, the goats, the food, etc... I know change is coming, but it hasn't really hit home yet. I'm leaving the school for a while, but not the country (yet). I don't have a date to leave to go to the States with Kh, so we are in waiting. If I've learned anything in this land, it is NOT to make specific plans.
Inshallah - "God willing" This phrase is used all the time in this culture, so it's almost cliche. Most of the time when it is used, it's because someone doesn't really want to commit. However, I have learned that it's just a matter of fact here. Sometimes (in fact more often than not) the best laid plans may not work out as hoped.
As far as our timing to get back to the States, I firmly believe that it is in His hands, so God willing we will be back in late summer. In the meantime, I learn once again to depend on Him in limbo-land. It is always a place of tremendous growth for me, so although, I know it's not comfortable, I'm actually looking forward to it.
Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I didn't realize this was (sort of) the end! Here's hoping the waiting goes by fast. Easier said than done, I know.
Post a Comment