I've been meaning to have more people over more often ever since it finally warmed up in the spring, but last year's school schedule simply did not cooperate. I LOVE that this year I am more settled into teaching and have fewer students total, so I'm able to practice A-stan hospitality more.
Last weekend I had a couple from the school over for supper who are from TN. Needless to say we often crave similar foods, so I decided to try my hand at a meal that I would imagine my mom making if we had guests. Kh's sis came over to help too, and while we were working, she'd ask lots of questions. She loves to cook and try new foods.
So the meal ended up being an appetizer of boloni (okay, so this one was from here), fried okra, candied carrots, salisbury steak with gravy, homemade rolls, ranch potato casserole, and apple crisp. I was especially proud of the gravy and homemade bread, because I hadn't done that before. The ranch potato casserole was really good too, I was even able to do the bacon, cheese, and cracker crumb topping.
Overall it was a very nice evening with friends and a taste of home. If you have any other recommendations, let me know. I'd love to try those, too.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That spread of food is impressive!! I've never made homemade rolls or salisbury steak with gravy, either. Sounds yummy.
wow.......sounds like a feast. definitely made my mouth water! hats off to the chef(s)! liz k
Post a Comment