Sunday, July 01, 2007

Junior/Senior Banquet






Junior/Senior Banquet

I love Jr/Sr Banquet, Prom, or whatever traditional senior celebration schools have established. This year, I guess we started a tradition of Jr./Sr. banquet. (Obviously prom isn’t really an option here.) Anyway, our English teacher was generous enough to be the junior class sponsor and help them plan the whole thing. I can totally appreciate her because I was junior class sponsor the last year I taught in Georgia.

The juniors held our celebration at the Korean Restaurant which is run by some of our parents. They planned the decorations, senior tributes, and a special slideshow presentation. The theme was Arabian Nights, so 2 guys dressed up like a camel and one like a Sheik. I think it was yet another opportunity to see our students as a very diverse family.

The seniors (11 of them) decided to rent the only limo in Kabul (for a whopping $30 I think), so they could arrive in style. The girls dressed up in their best, and the senior guys all decided to wear black suits with black shirts, so they were definitely styling!

Here are a few pics from our special night!
Here's our camel (Chris and Ahmad Shah)
This is Karen, our admin assistant, but next year she'll be teaching 4 math and science classes.
Here are most of the seniors with Ms. Schmid (science teacher) and myself.

2 comments:

juliebelle said...

that camel is the funniest thing i've seen i a long time!

Blues and Greens said...

I just want you to know I enjoyed talking with you and your mom briefly this summer and I sent my best thoughts to you today.


Emily
Home Office