Ok, I'm not usually a sappy romantic, but since this was my first year with an actual Valentine in my life, I feel I must share just a bit about my V-day with you. Of course it was a school day, and because of the culture, I wasn't sure how the whole holiday would be perceived, so I held off putting up my static cling hearts and things on the white board until just a few days before. Well, come to find out, the girls just love the idea of Valentine's Day and were thrilled that I had decorations and used a red marker all week long. (Actually it was the only color I had that was working. Shhhh! )
Anyway, on V-day, Caleb gave me card in the morning and a rose that afternoon. He had also asked me to go out for dinner with another couple from our school (Rachel (music teacher) and Jeremy (business manager) Hollie). So that evening we headed to the Serena Hotel which is the newest, fanciest hotel in K-town. We really couldn't believe our eyes when we got there. We couldn't believe we were still in K-town. Of course none of us remembered a camera, so you'll have to take my word for it until we go back for coffee or something and I can snap some photos of the place. Here was our menu:
Tian of Prawns and Avocado with Gazpacho Sauce
Vegetable Soup with Goat Cheese and Basil Dumplings
Peach and Ginger Sorbet
Filet Mignon with Balsamic Syrup on Eschallots Fondue, Glazed Carrots, Timbale of Leaf Spinach, and Almond Potatoes
Dark Chocolate Cheese Cake with Espresso Ice Cream
Tea/Coffee and Truffle Pralines
I share all of this not to brag, but just because we were all so amazed at the food. I must admit that we had a choice of 2 restaurants at the hotel and the other menu sounded just as fabulous, but this dessert sounded better. And we were not disappointed with the food or the presentation. I wish we had pictures, but like I mentioned before, that's all the more reason to go back for dessert and coffee sometime soon.
Saturday, February 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Isn't it fun to find places like that?! And I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day.
kt: I am absolutely salivating!! Don't think I've ever eaten such a meal, even at fancy restaurants in the States. You go girl!
I have to agree. I think the Dark Chocolate Cheese Cake with Espresso Ice Cream would have tipped the scales for me as well. Sounds yummy!
I'm glad the dessert contained your favorite - ICE CREAM!
So what did you give him for Valentine's Day?
I'm so pleased you had such a special Valentine's Day! It makes me smile reading your smiles. :)!!
jen
Post a Comment