Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

This is a favorite picture of mine as we were all getting into the Christmas spirit one night in our homemade santa hats. In this picture there are 4 nations represented. Pretty neat that we can live in community here as brothers and sisters.
I'd like to take just a second and share something that I read the other day in Reflections for Ragamuffins by Brennan Manning.
A People of Hope
"J. Christmases in us whenever people come home to themselves in
our presence, and when they feel a little less hopeful and joyful because we
are
absent." I wrote these words in a journal several years ago in
solitude. They now lay hold of me with prophetic power when the
great
season of hope begins. We are people of hope to the extent that
others
canfind in us a source of strength and joy.My hope is that we are indeed a source of hope here. Thank
you for all of your support, encouragment, love, and thoughts. I'll be
back in the middle of January with new stories about my travels in India.Until then - God Bless You and Keep You All!

6 comments:
KT. i miss you. i was just thinking about you the other day when i was surrounded by a blanket of snow and thinking how different your world must look.
merry christmas.
we had a cookie party yesterday. i also thought of you then when i imagined how crafty you'd be with sugar "glue" and candies.
buen viaje.
what are the four nations?
kt - just one sentence, "Isn't this exciting?"
KT, man sorry it's been so long since we talked. I feel really bad. But I just wanted you to know that I do check in on these often and find them very cool. I love to see the pictures. It soundds like you are ahaving some good times out there. We here about the things that "go off" around you and our school does a lot of thinking about you guys. Have a great break and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
I love the homemade Santa hats. They're perfect. Dave and I have been thinking of you a lot with the recent holidays. Hope you're well. And by the way....I started a new job last week. YEAH!!!
Love,
E
Jules,
The 4 countries are England, Switzerland, Afghanistan, and the US. Pretty cool, huh???
Post a Comment